Audubon Park occupies the entire city block fronting Kennedy Boulevard to the west, Stegman Street to the south, Audubon Avenue to the north, and Bergen Avenue to the east and is named for the adjacent Audubon Avenue.
Originally known as Kilpatrick Street, Audubon Avenue started off as a small country lane running west from Bergen Avenue. The narrow road provided carts and wagons with access to the numerous small farms and greenhouses that once prospered in the neighborhood. The name Audubon Avenue first appears on maps and other official records around the turn of the twentieth century. Presumably the street name was chosen in honor of the work of the famous naturalist and painter John James Audubon (1785-1851), although there is no known connection between him and the area.
For more information, please go to the Audobon Park Facebook page.